Leading a business or a firm refers to furnishing a long-term plan that contributes to the success of an institution as a whole. A leader’s vision encompasses all the key features which are directly or indirectly related to organizational prosperity.
Being a good leader is certainly not the easiest task to accomplish since it requires significant skills, both intrinsic and extrinsic. Tom Jakobek, Toronto – based businessman has achieved the horizons of success with determination, positive attitude, perseverance, and the right mindset.
Below, we’ve listed five tips that will help you develop as an exemplary business leader.
1. Understand Yourself
You can’t expect to be a strong business leader without knowing what leadership style you possess. Assess your intuitive skills before initiating a plan or rolling out what you have envisioned. Ask yourself:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are the attributes that impede your leadership capabilities?
- How do your qualities affect your decision-making power in terms of leadership?
- Finally, what are the changes you should bring into yourself to overcome the shortcomings?
2. Intrinsic Motivation
If extrinsic motivation stems from anticipating external rewards or incentives, intrinsic traits make a person internally driven towards achieving his goal and strive to become better. Here’s how intrinsic motivation helps you grow as a business leader:
- The naturally existing trait of overcoming challenges provides a sense of satisfaction.
- You enjoy dodging the obstacles on your way as you’re naturally driven towards them.
- You feel content by your persistent efforts to accomplish new goals every day.
- A leader is an inspiration for his followers. As long as you don’t possess self-motivation, you can’t expect to inspire your subordinates.
3. Creativity and Innovation
Leadership in terms of business demands creativity at its core. Exceptional business leaders like Thomas Jakobek push themselves to the limits and in return produce a great deal of things.
Business leadership requires creativity combined with innovation. Have a look at what a creative and innovative mindset can provide:
- Creativity is an idea; innovation is its implementation; business needs both to flourish and so does the person leading it.
- Creative mentality acquires unique ideas and envisions new horizons, while innovative mindset results in diversified strategies to make a vision viable.
- Intellectual creativity provides the ability to answer the most frequently asked questions of the people; “What?”, “When?” and “How?”.
4. A Balance Between Being Interactive and a Good Listener
As a business leader, listening to the concerns of your subordinates and then communicating with them to provide the best possible solution is the ideal approach towards problem-solving. Here’s the answer to how exactly you should interact:
- Communicate with the group members individually and express your concern for them.
- Be a good listener to ensure the group members that their concerns are being addressed.
- Develop an interactive atmosphere to boost the enthusiasm of your followers, resulting in enhanced
5. Be Adaptive
Adaptive leadership in business essentially refers to assessing organizational actions and individual contributions. This constant assessment provides the opportunity to alter and adapt to change according to the outcomes of decisions. Here’s the course of action:
- Presumption of the upcoming trends.
- Understanding of what should be changed.
- Being eloquent about changes.
- And finally, adaptation according to the needs, followed by transparency and accountability.